BUSINESS OPENING HOURS
In light of the current situation and in the interest of both our members and staff, we have taken a decision to temporarily reduce our opening hours (for face-to-face transactions).
We understand that this may inconvenience some of our members, but we believe that it is appropriate in light of the current situation with regard to COVID-19 and to ensure we continue to provide a core service to our members. This decision has been taken in order to limit the potential impact which this virus may have in the local community.
Our revised opening hours are:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday:
10am - 4.00pm (lunch closure 12.30pm – 1.30pm)
Saturday (normal hours) 9.00am - 2.30pm.
However, the staff of the credit union will continue to be available to deal with phone card payments and member queries during normal opening hours via phone (028 71345579) and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, members are reminded that they may continue to access their accounts via the credit union’s website www.watersidecreditunion.co.uk.
We wish to emphasise that our loan book is still open, and we welcome applications from members who wish to use our online service or by phoning the 02871 345579 during office hours.
We will continue to monitor the situation, but these changes will remain in place until 1st April 2021.
We appreciate the loyalty and support of our members during this challenging time.
If you have any queries in relation to these changes, please contact the office.
Risk & Compliance Officer with MRLO responsibility and Data Protection Duties Waterside Credit Union is a modern, member-focused credit union whose primary aim is to provide financial services that meet the needs of our growing membership. We wish to appoint a Risk & Compliance Officer who will also act as the credit union’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Data Protection Officer (DPO). This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading and ambitious credit union.
Reporting to the Manager, the primary focus for a Risk & Compliance Officer needs to be the identification and elimination of any risks that may result in property loss, injury, or legal liability.
In general, the role of the Risk & Compliance Officer is to ensure the credit union is operating within the law, with a particular focus on the regulatory and supervisory framework required by regulators and other statutory and professional bodies.
- taking a lead role in developing the credit union’s risk and compliance policies and annual work plans,
- fostering and encouraging a culture of compliance,
- advising on new and impending statutory and regulatory requirements,
- monitoring credit union activities for risk and compliance and reviewing and updating systems of control to ensure compliance and identifying areas for improvement.
- to lead the development of anti-money laundering and terrorist financing policies and procedures,
- advise on new and impending statutory and regulatory requirements, acting upon all reports of suspicious transactions, and ensuring all credit union directors, volunteers and staff are trained in AML and counter-terrorist financing.
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience in a financial services environment to include working in a compliance and or risk management role in a credit union, bank, building society, finance, insurance and or pensions
- A professional qualification relevant to the role in areas such as audit, compliance, legal, risk management, compliance or relevant disciplines
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of the latest regulatory PRA/FCA, compliance, AML and Data Protection requirements.
- A track record of delivering on targets and objectives within regulatory and non-regulatory deadlines.
- Organised, detailed, focused individual with excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills with experience in problem solving and being able to implement and deliver solutions
- Experience of delivering training
- Sound understanding of risk, control and compliance
- Proven ability to be a team player, while retaining an ability to work independently with little supervision
- Skilled in Microsoft applications software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Strong business sense and understanding of the evolving credit union business model
- Highly analytical and flexible, with the capacity to communicate a secure vision and take ownership of the credit union risk management and compliance plan and delivery
Senior Management Function (SMF) position SMF 17
- Experience in the Credit Union sector
- Experience of Oakwood system or similar I.T. system
- Anti-Money Laundering and Data Protection experience and or a strong understanding of the AML Regulations and UK General Data Protection Regulations
- Professional Certificate in Credit Union Risk & Compliance or Professional Certificate in Conduct Risk, Culture and Operational Risk Management or equivalent.
- This role is subject to receipt of a satisfactory criminal records check.
- This role is subject to an appropriate fitness and propriety assessment being conducted by the Credit Union.
- This role is subject to Prudential Regulation Authority/Financial Conduct Authority approval.
For a candidate information pack and application form please contact:
Waterside Credit Union on 02871 345579 or email email@example.com.
Completed application forms should be returned by noon on Saturday 23rd January 2021 to:
The Manager, Waterside Credit Union Limited, 55-57 Spencer Road, Derry/Londonderry BT47 6AA.
Waterside Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and applications are welcome from suitably qualified candidates regardless of religious belief, political opinion, ethnic origin, gender or disability.
We are taking measures in the office to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are conscious that some members may want to avoid calling to the office to complete transactions or make enquiries. The health and safety of our staff and members is our priority and we therefore encourage our members to complete their transactions at home using the following options:
PAY BY DEBIT CARD
We can accept payments by telephone - just give us a call on
028 7125 3138.
PAY BY DIRECT DEBIT
We can email or post out a direct debit form which you can return to the office and we will forward on to your bank.
PAY BY STANDING ORDER
Contact the office and we will provide you with the bank details to lodge funds to your account.
Use our Online services: www.watersidecreditunion.co.uk
APPLY FOR LOANS ONLINE
With online access you can check balances and apply for loans. Members can also request electronic transfer of funds from available shares to their own bank account.
To use our online facilities you will require your own personal PIN. You can request your PIN via the 'signup' button on the home page of our website www.watersidecreditunion.co.uk.
To speak to a member of staff – telephone the office 02871 345579
Submit a query via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a query via Facebook Messenger via Waterside Credit Union
For the latest information from the Public Health Service in relation to the Coronavirus, please visit the website at the link below:
If you wish to apply to the Board of Directors for sponsorship or a donation for your organisation, please click on the link below. Please print and complete the application form and return it to the Waterside Credit Union office at 55-57 Spencer Road, Waterside, BT47 6AA:
PHISHING SCAM TARGETING CREDIT UNIONS
We have been informed that there is currently a phishing scam targeting credit union members.
Members receive an email from the email address email@example.com or one similar to this. The email will inform the member of a file named "Payment Confirmation" that's been transferred to them through a site called WeTransfer, by what appears to be your Credit Union, and will be encouraged to click to download the files.
This scam is designed to collect your personal details with a view to gaining access to personal financial accounts.
Please note the credit union does not request personal details by email from its members or use any third party websites to collect members details. If you receive an email similar to the one outlined above , please ignore it.
Online Loan Applications
You can now apply for a loan online. To apply for a loan login to the members area and click the apply for loan button. Enter as much details as possible and once you submit the loan application you will be contacted by a staff member at Waterside Credit Union reguarding your application.
If you do not have access to the members area already then register today!